Kearney’s number one tourist destination, Classic Car Collection, is seeking an individual who knows computers and knows how to keep an office running smoothly. You’re full of ideas, bursting with creativity, and able to tackle several projects simultaneously. You’re self-motivated, and you know the best ways to attract visitors to the greatest automotive display between Chicago and Denver. Are you the documentation expert and tech savant we are looking for? Then read on to learn more about the position of Administrative/Digital Marketing Assistant.
A Day in this Position:
As a vital part of the Collection, your days are always varied. From slow project days to packed afternoons during Cruise Nite, you’re sure to gain stellar hands-on experience in a unique atmosphere. Sure, you’ll have some routine duties like creating, curating, and posting content, but you’ll occasionally make print advertisements, plan events, run errands, and even interact with Kearney visitors. And, you’ll constantly be thinking of new ways to keep a love of vintage automobiles alive for every generation.
Primary Administrative Responsibilities:
- Manage files and create documents
- Answer phone and email correspondence
- Aid customers with event and space reservations
- Keep office area clean and presentable
- Assist General Manager with financials and opening/closing duties
Primary Digital Marketing Responsibilities:
- Utilize best social media/content creation practices to maintain and improve web presence
- Interact with online audience to grow physical customer base
- Oversee website’s aesthetic updates like photos/pages
- Monitor and manage Cruisin’, the official Classic Car blog
- Track insights to improve future ventures and campaigns
This position is also required to occasionally fulfill front desk duties:
- Greet customers and provide museum history
- Complete cash/credit/check transactions
- Answer patron questions about Classic Car Collection
Skills & Requirements
- You must have at least started college. A degree is not necessary, but it is welcome. Area of study should be in Marketing, Communications, English, or another related field.
- You must have excellent verbal & written communication skills, knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and TripAdvisor—among other platforms—along with media management tools like Buffer; you should possess knowledge of MS Office and Photoshop Elements, be able to handle multiple projects at once, and have a keen eye for detail and analysis.
- You must be self-sufficient. The ability to work with minimal supervision is crucial, but you should also be able to collaborate with others, be creative, and meet deadlines.
Other Position Details:
- You would officially begin in August, with some training in the prior month.
- Pay depends on experience but would most likely be in the range of $10-12 per hour.
- Flexible schedule, ideal for a college student or recent graduate!
To apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com.
If your qualifications match our needs, we will contact you.